Get a Library Card
Your library card is FREE! You may use it at the Main Library, the Fairmount Branch and the Eastern Avenue Branch. In addition, your card may be used at any RiverShare member library and at participating "Open Access" Iowa libraries. There is a $3 charge for a replacement card.
Lost or Stolen Cards. If your library card is lost or stolen, immediately contact the Library, so that unauthorized use of your card can be prevented.
Change in Address, Phone Number, etc. Please contact the Library immediately when there is a change in your name, address, or phone number.
Moving Out of Davenport. Please return your card if you move out of town.
Your Responsibility. You are responsible for all materials checked out on your library card and for fines and charges accrued.
Who Can Get a Library Card
- All residents of the city of Davenport are eligible for a FREE Davenport Public Library card.
- Davenport property owners residing outside the city of Davenport, who do not have a home library, are eligible for a FREE Davenport Public Library card.
- Children under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian co-sign their card application. Parents or legal guardians are responsible for all overdues, fines, and bills accrued on a minor's library card.
How to Get a Library Card
- Valid ID: All applicants must provide a valid identification verifying their Davenport address. Adults may obtain a card by providing valid ID that verifies their name and current street address. Children's applications must be co-signed by a parent or legal guardian showing valid ID. Many types of IDENTIFICATION that include your current address are acceptable, including the following:
- Iowa Driver's License
- Iowa State ID
- Voter's Registration Card
- Imprinted checks
- Pre-printed lease agreement
- First-class mail in an envelope postmarked within the last 30 days, along with ID that verifies the name
- Vehicle Registration Card