Materials may be renewed for an additional loan period, if no one else has reserved them. The limit is one (1) renewal per item. You may renew books & other library materials in the following ways:
- Go to the library catalog.
- Click on the tab labeled "Patron Account."
- Enter your Library Barcode and Password. (Hint: Your password is the last four digits of your telephone number.)
- Click on the "Log In" button.
- Click on the "Items Out" button.
You may choose to renew all of your items or selected items. If you wish to renew all items:
- Click on the "Renew All Items at the bottom of the screen.
To renew only some items:
- Click in the check box in front of the title(s) you wish to renew.
- Click on the "renew Selected Items" button at the bottom of the screen.
You must have your library card, password, and the barcodes of each item to be renewed. (Hint: Your password is the last four digits of your telephone number.) The phone numbers are:
- Local number: (563) 823-5565
- Toll-free number: (888) 534-6130
When you call, the system gives you the option to:
- press 2 to listen to items available for renew -- this option allows the renewal of specific items or all items
- press 3 to renew specific items -- this option only allows you to renew specific items.
Bring items into the Library: Renew materials using the self-check machines at the Main Library, the Fairmount Branch or the Eastern Avenue Branch.