COVID-19 RESPONSE & INFORMATION
Richardson-Sloane Special Collection Center Scheduled to Reopen August 3rd
The Richardson-Sloane Special Collection Center is scheduled to reopen August 3rd, by appointment only for the following services:
- Genealogical/family history research
- Local history research
Appointments are limited to one hour and based on staff availability. Appointments can be made by calling 563-326-7902, emailing email@example.com, or by using the “contact us” form on The Library’s website here.
Davenport Public Library Reopening with Limited Services
Beginning June 8th, 2020, the Main Street Branch will be open Monday-Tuesday 9:00 am-8:00 pm and Wednesday-Saturday 9:00 am-5:30 pm. The Eastern and Fairmount Branches will be open regular hours. All locations will be offering limited services. At this time, the Richardson Sloane Special Collections Center will remain closed to the public.
Public computers will be available on a limited basis and must be reserved a day in advance by calling 563-326-7832. Each computer session is for an hour period and is limited to one reservation per day.
Holds placed for pickup at Fairmount MUST be picked up at the drive-up window. Patrons are encouraged to use Curbside Delivery at Main and Eastern to pick-up holds. Please visit our Hours & Locations page to see availability.
- Our staff are wearing face coverings. We ask that you do, too.
- Upon entry, stop at the Welcome Desk first.
- Public computers are available by reservation only. This includes adults, teens, and kids. Reservations must be made from 1 day to 7 days in advance. Reservations are limited to 3 reservations at a time. Computer sessions are limited to 1 hour per day, including printing. Only 1 person at a computer at a time.
- Our capacity is currently set at 20. You will be asked to wait outside if we are at capacity.
- Those browsing materials have 30 minutes to select items and check out.
- Items must be checked out at the self-checkout stations.
- Social distancing is expected. Those who are not staying 6 feet from others may be asked to leave.
- If you have materials to return, place them in the outdoor book return slots. Do not bring inside.
- Book donations to the FRIENDS bookstore at Fairmount are by appointment ONLY. Call 563-888-3395 to make an appointment. NO donations are being accepted at the Eastern bookstore location.
Additionally, the following services are unavailable:
- Meeting and study rooms
- TechKnow items
- Instrument & board games
- Community Experience passes