In November 2023, The Library was excited to announce the launch of the Business Services program! With this program, The Library connects people with local and regional economic development agencies to learn new skills and create a business network; provides business resources to help people start a business or expand an existing business; and partners with regional economic development agencies to help them fulfill their missions.
What resources are available to local small businesses, nonprofits, and entrepreneurs?
- GALE Business: Plan Builder: Provides step-by-step guidance for new entrepreneurs and experienced small business owners. This program walks users through five key areas of developing a business plan, with a focus on long term success. Provides easy-to-use tools and templates. Plan, grow, and optimize your for-profit or not-for-profit organization.
- LinkedIn Learning: Login with your library card number and password for your account to access 16,000+ expert-led courses presented in seven languages. Course subjects include: small business and entrepreneurship, web development, Microsoft Office, Google docs, photography, video editing, public speaking, sales, marketing, and many more.
- Data Axle: Formerly called "ReferenceUSA," this resource provides contact information for both individuals and businesses. Search by the name, address or phone number. For companies, also by business type, geography, sales volume, and other factors.
- Foundation Directory: Win more grants and make a bigger difference by using the Foundation Directory Online. Search for potential funders by name of organization or person. Use the advanced search capabilities to identify subject, geographic focus or population served.
- BrainFuse: Provides test preparation resources for adult learners, including GED, HiSet, TASC, and US Citizenship practice tests. Live job coaching available Monday-Sunday from 12:00-10:00pm. Live veteran support available Monday-Friday from 1:00-9:00pm.
- Value Line: Value Line is the most trusted and prestigious name in the investment field. For more than seventy-five years Value Line has been synonymous with trust, reliability, objectivity, independence, accurate information and proven performance for investors.
- Collection of books
- Library programs about business-related topics
- Patent and Trademark Resource Center
- Meeting rooms and study rooms
- Maker technologies and general office equipment
- Notary Public service