Library boards of trustees are the governing and policy-setting bodies of public lbraries in Iowa (in accordance with Code of Iowa, Chapter 392). The Davenport Public Library Board of Trustees is composed of nine residents of Davenport who are appointed by the Mayor and approved by the City Council. Trustees serve 6-year terms and may be reappointed one time. Your Trustees ascribe to a Code of Ethics.
The Library Board of Trustees meet on the 3rd Tuesday of every month with all meetings open to the public. Meeting minutes are available below with recorded meeting sessions available on the City of Davenport website.
- Steve Imming, President
- Tom Engelmann, Vice President
- Sylvia Roba, Secretary
- Craig Cooper
- Laura Genis
- Joe Heinrichs
- Judie Lance
- Amanda Motto
- Malavika Shrikhande
Bylaws for the Free Public Library of the City of Davenport.
- The Library Board is responsible for establishing the Library's policies. Board policies are reviewed and updated on a regular basis, at least once every three years. The documents below describe each Policy. It is up to the Library Director to create procedural guidelines that implement Board policies.
- Behavior Policy
- Circulation Policy
- Collection Development Policy
- Collection Development Policy - Special Collections
- Community Postings Policy
- Discrimination and Harassment Policy
- Electronic Resources Use Policy
- Exhibits Policy
- Filming and Photography Policy
- Gift Acceptance Policy
- Makerspace Policy
- Meeting Room Use Policy
- Programming Policy
- Sex Offender Policy
- Tobacco Nicotine Free Environment Policy
- Unattended Children Policy
- Volunteer Policy