The Library Board of Trustees is the governing and policy-setting body of a public library, in accordance with the Code of Iowa, Chapter 392, Section 392.5.
Davenport Public Library's Board of Trustees is composed of nine citizens of the community, appointed by the Mayor of the City of Davenport. They serve 6-year terms and may be reappointed.The Board meets monthly and all meetings are open to the public.
- Steve Imming, President
- Tom Engelmann, Vice President
- Sylvia Roba, Secretary
- Craig Cooper
- Joe Heinrichs
- Judie Lance
- Amanda Motto
- Naghme Motto
- Malavika Shrikhande
Bylaws for the Davenport Free Public Library can be found here.
- The Library Board is responsible for establishing the library's policies. Board policies are reviewed and updated on a regular basis, at least once every three years. The documents below describe the policy. It is up to the library director and staff to create the procedural guidelines that support the board policies.
- NEW Covid-19 Policies
- Behavior Policy
- Circulation Policy
- Confidentiality of Library Records Policy
- Electronic Resources Use Policy
- Exhibits Policy
- Gift Acceptance Policy
- Loitering Policy
- Materials Selection Policy
- Meeting Room Use Policy
- Non-Discrimination and Harassment Policy
- Posting on Public Message Board Policy
- Programming Policy
- Reconsideration of Library Material Policy
- Sex Offender Policy
- Tobacco and Smokeless Tobacco Policy
- NEW Unattended Children Policy
- Volunteer Policy