Library Board & Policies
The Library Board of Trustees is the governing and policy-setting body of public lbraries in Iowa, in accordance with the Code of Iowa, Chapter 392, Section 392.5. The Library Board of Trustees is composed of nine citizens of the community, appointed by the Mayor of the City of Davenport. Trustees must be Davenport residents and commit to serving a 6-year term. Trustees may be reappointed one time. The Board meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every month, and all meetings are open to the public. Meeting minutes are available below with recorded meeting sessions are available on the City of Davenport website.
Trustees ascribe to a Code of Ethics.
- Steve Imming, President
- Tom Engelmann, Vice President
- Sylvia Roba, Secretary
- Craig Cooper
- Laura Genis
- Joe Heinrichs
- Judie Lance
- Amanda Motto
- Malavika Shrikhande
Bylaws for the Free Public Library of the City of Davenport.
Finance: Tom Engelmann (Chair), Joe Heinrichs, Steve Imming
Personnel: Amanda Motto (Chair), Craig Cooper, Laura Genis
Advocacy: Malavika Shrikhande (Chair), Judie Lance, Sylvia Roba
- Call: Library Business Office: (563) 326-7841
- Write: In care of Davenport Public Library, 321 Main Street, Davenport, IA 52801-1490
- Email: The Board Secretary
- The Library Board is responsible for establishing the library's policies. Board policies are reviewed and updated on a regular basis, at least once every three years. The documents below describe the policy. It is up to the library director and staff to create the procedural guidelines that support the board policies.
- Behavior Policy
- Circulation Policy
- Collection Development Policy
- Collection Development Policy - Special Collections
- Community Postings Policy
- Discrimination and Harassment Policy
- Electronic Resources Use Policy
- Exhibits Policy
- Filming and Photography Policy
- Gift Acceptance Policy
- Makerspace Policy
- Meeting Room Use Policy
- Programming Policy
- Sex Offender Policy
- Tobacco Nicotine Free Environment Policy
- Unattended Children Policy
- Volunteer Policy
All Board meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month. Time: Noon (Unless otherwise noted) Location: Main (Unless otherwise noted on monthly agenda)
For access to records more than 5 years old, contact the library.