The Library offers a wide variety of online research tools to assist you in your information search!
Whether you are interested in starting a business, purchasing a new car, looking for a place to move in retirement, or helping an elderly parent get the services they need, The Library has resources and knowledgeable employees to assist you.
Below you will find links to some online resources and tools. If you are researching, and need help getting started, ask an expert librarian. For non-digital research tools, check The Library's catalog.
eBooks & Digital Content
Librarians are ready to help! Contact us:
- At any Davenport Public Library location
- By phone at (563) 326-7832
- By filling out an Ask a Librarian form
A librarian is available all hours The Library is open. Book a Librarian sessions are available for more in-depth assistance.
Looking for your next great read? The Library can help! Simply fill out the form below and a librarian will recommend three titles based on your answers! Please allow 2-3 business days for a response. Recommendations are limited to Davenport Public Library cardholders.
Book a Librarian
You can use the Book a Librarian form to make a 30-60 minute appointment with a librarian.
- Assistance with researching an assignment topic
- Learn to use Davenport Public Library online resources and databases
- Get help with the basics of operating a digital device (tablet, e-reader or smartphone)
- Guidance with downloading eBooks and digital audiobooks to a digital device
- Learn ways to search for jobs, get help with writing a cover letter, or receive assistance in filling out online applications
- Librarians are unable to provide medical, legal, financial, or business advice or opinions; tax preparation advice; or typing of documents.
- Sessions are required to be booked no less than two business days in advance.
- Individuals are limited to two sessions per month.
- Cancellations may be made up to 30-minutes before a session by calling (563) 326-7832.