The Davenport Public Library offers a wide variety of online research tools to assist you in your information search!
Whether you are interested in starting a business, purchasing a new car, looking for a place to move in retirement or helping an elderly parent get the services they need, we've got resources and knowledgeable staff who can assist you.
Below you will find links to some of our online resources and tools. If you're researching something, and need help getting started, ask one of our librarians. For non-digital research tools, check our catalog.
E-Books & Digital Content
If you can't find what you are looking for with our Online Resources, librarians are ready to help. You can contact a librarian:
A librarian is available all hours that the library is open. Book A Librarian sessions are available for more in-depth assistance.
Looking for your next great read? Our librarians can help! Simply fill out the form below and a librarian will recommend 3 titles based on your answers! Please allow 2-3 business days for a response. Currently, recommendations are limited to Davenport Public Library patrons.
Book A Librarian
Due to the library's closure, Book a Librarian is unavailable.
You can use our Book a Librarian form to make a custom-tailored 30-60 minute appointment.
- Assistance with researching an assignment topic
- Learn to use the Library's online resources and databases
- Get help with the basics of operating your digital device (tablet, eReader, or smartphone)
- Guidance with downloading eBooks and eAudiobooks to your digital device
- Learn ways to search for jobs, have help with writing a cover letter, and receive assistance in filling out online applications
- Medical, legal, financial, or business advice or opinions
- Tax preparation advice
- Typing of documents
- Sessions are required to be booked no less than two business days in advance
- Patrons are limited to two sessions per month
- Cancellations may be made up to 30 minutes before a session by calling (563) 326-7832