Get a Library Card
Your Davenport Public Library is FREE! You may use it at at any Davenport Public Library location: Main, Fairmount, Eastern, and the OWL - and online to access your account, download e-books and use online resources. In addition, your card may be used at any RiverShare Libraries member library and at participating Open Access Iowa libraries. You also have access to these Illinois libraries with your Davenport Public Library card: Moline, Rock Island, Silvis, East Moline, Sherrard, Port Byron, and Coal Valley.
Digital Access Card: Don’t have time to stop by the Library, but still want to use online resources? The Digital Access Card is for you! With the Digital Access Card, Davenport Public Library cardholders can use all of the Library's online resources, including Libby, Freegal and more without leaving home! Be sure to choose “Digital Access Card” when you register online.
Business/Educator Card: If the business or school you work for is in Davenport, you may be eligible for a library card through your company. Fill out this form or contact Customer Services at (563) 326-7832 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how!
Lost or Stolen Cards: If your library card is lost or stolen, immediately contact the Library, so that unauthorized use of your card can be prevented.
Change in Address, Phone Number, etc.: Contact the Library immediately when there is a change in your name, address or phone number.
Moving away from Davenport: Contact Customer Services at (563) 326-7832 or email email@example.com to cancel your card.
Your Responsibility: You are responsible for all materials checked out on your library card and for fines and charges accrued.
Who Can Get a Library Card
- All residents of the city of Davenport are eligible for a FREE Davenport Public Library card.
- Davenport property owners residing outside the city of Davenport, who do not have a home library, are eligible for a FREE Davenport Public Library card.
- Children under the age of 14 must have a parent or legal guardian co-sign their card application. Parents or legal guardians are responsible for all overdues, fines, and bills accrued on a minor's library card.
How to Get a Library Card
Valid ID: You must provide a valid identification verifying your Davenport address. Adults may obtain a card by providing a valid ID that verifies your name and current street address. Children's applications must be co-signed by a parent or legal guardian showing valid ID if the child is under the age of 14. Many types of IDENTIFICATION that include your current address are acceptable, including the following:
Iowa Driver's License
Iowa State ID
Voter Registration Card
Pre-printed lease agreement
First class mail in an envelope postmarked within the last 30 days, along with an ID that verifies your name
Vehicle Registration Card
Payroll stub within the last 30 days that includes full name and address
Emailed utility bill on your mobile phone from within the last 30-days that includes full name and address
Library Cards for People Living Outside of Davenport
You may use your hometown library card to borrow Davenport Public Library items:
- Residents of these Illinois towns: Moline, Rock Island, Silvis, Port Byron, East Moline, Sherrard, and Coal Valley. Bring your hometown library card and ID with your name and current street address.
- Fellow Iowans whose library participates in Iowa Open Access.
- If you live anywhere in the world and are visiting Davenport, bring your hometown library card and ID with your name and current street address.
To use Davenport Public Library public computers, bring in your ID to get a computer use card.